Reality Check

I often get a chance to blog when I have had a really good day or want to record something I want to remember. (Although I have done my share of post natal moaning posts as well.) But often life is boring and full of just getting shit done.
This week has been one of those weeks. It is the week that sees the 34th anniversary of my dad's death. It is the first week of the summer holidays and the wee one has a sore throat and has been coughing all through the night - which means not much sleep for any of us. We have been trying to buy a car, mostly because my mobility is becoming worse and I want to do things with the wee one. But of course I feel guilty for expanding my carbon footprint.
I am worried about my mother who is very far away in another country and suffering from dementia and loneliness.  I am worried about the children I have with mental health issues. There are teen ager issues doing my head in. And I am stressed about money. Especially with the new bill of a car. And then there is the fact that the car I want is still in Scotland and I am hoping it will come soon because we are going camping on Wednesday. It is cutting it a bit fine.
This is what real life is like. I am still content and well most of the time. But hey, nothing is perfect. Here is a photo of me in my dressing gown hanging up the washing. Taken by the wee one. It's all educational.

Comments

Popular Posts