Book review 1

Reading aloud is a very important part of our lives. So I thought I would start to keep track of some things that we read and write reviews about them, or talk about the discussions that we have because of them.

In the past we have read Charlotte's Web, Alice Through the Looking Glass, Alice in Wonderland, Pippi Longstocking, Heidi, lots of Roald DAhl and Jacqueline Wilson, and all the of the Jeremy James books. I won't do too many retrospective reviews but I will say that EVERYBODY should read the Jeremy James books. They are by David Henry Wilson and my kids have enjoyed them for YEARS! Each time I read to the younger ones, the older ones like to listen. And by older I mean teen agers. My 21 year old listened again recently when I was reading them to the Wee One all over again. They all love them. They are hilarious and Jeremy James is very good at noticing just how silly grown ups are. Be careful though because there are several stories which have all been republished in multi story books but with different names. So don't buy the same thing twice.


Comments

Popular Posts