Still trying

We got into a bit of a routine last term which was nice. It was a Tier 3 routine. We got together with one other family to do activities or projects in our home ed bubble. The Wee One could do distanced dance class and Wood School too.

But when this Lockdown started all that went to shit. It's taken us a long time to figure out what to do after the Christmas holidays. We are pretty fed up which each other's company,  but I'm still trying. 

We're learning BSL sporadically.  We're watching films that generate discussions about the world and human relationships. I read aloud and force her to exercise and get out. Workbooks aren't working as well as they did last term, but we're sticking with verbal and non-verbal reasoning. There's an online Art class and Artventure sessions with a home ed friend. And we're learning to cook Chinese food together.

But it still seems to me that the Wee One spends way too much time with her face in a screen. Roblox, Gacha life and gaming videos on YouTube are a bigger part of my life than I want them to be! But I don't want to go all control freak.

I'm thinking of what's important to me, what's important for life, what I value and want to share with the Wee One. And what will help her as she grows up in this batshit crazy society we live in.

So, my focus will shift from complaining and worrying and shouting, to this...

I hope.

Comments

Popular Posts